About Us: YMCA Policies & Information
Code of Conduct
We are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all of our members and guests. To ensure safety and comfort for all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when they are in our facility or participating in YMCA programs. We expect persons using the YMCA to behave in a mature and responsible way, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Suspension or termination of YMCA membership’s privileges may result from any violation.
Youth Membership is available to Full time College Students under the age of 25. Students must provide proof of age and current school record displaying 12 or more credits. At age 25, the membership will convert to an Adult membership.
Credits & Refunds
- A complete membership refund, excluding the joining fee, is available for any reason within 30 days of joining. After 30 days, a pro-rated refund, excluding the joining fee, will be given only if moving from the area.
- Class credit or make up times may be issued, such as in the event of a medical emergency. All credits are issued at the discretion of the Program Director.
- Once registered, there is a $3 fee for each class change or cancellation.
- Credit will be issued for classes cancelled by the Y.
- Classes missed due to holidays or inclement weather may not be made up or given credit.
- A $25 fee will be assessed on return checks.
Emergency Building Closings
If the YMCA is closed due to inclement weather, or other emergencies, an announcement will be made on WGAL TV (channel 8). Internet users may obtain information on www.thewgalchannel.com.
Employee Group Membership Program
Employee Group Memberships are available to any company that has at least 5 persons who are YMCA members. Employee Group Members receive a 15% savings on their yearly membership fees. Contact the Membership Director for additional information.
Facilities & Services
YMCA facilities and services are available to members within scheduled times. The YMCA will provide direct supervision for youth enrolled in YMCA programs during scheduled programs. The YMCA will not be held responsible for the supervision of children outside program areas or beyond indicated program times. Participation in YMCA programs is at your own risk.
Financial aid plans are available for YMCA classes and programs. Call or stop by the YMCA for more information. All information is kept confidential. Strong Kids Campaign and United Way dollars support financial assisted programs.