June 8 – August 14, 2015
- Every summer, Camp Discovery provides exciting activities and programs that allow Y Campers the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive in their own unique way.
- Y Campers build self-esteem, develop communication skills and create lasting friendships.
- Camp Discovery activities include field trips, swimming, sports, art & humanities, science, reading and activities that help campers discover the importance of living a healthy lifestyle.
- Give your child the gift of summer memories and new friendships by enrolling them in our distinguished Camp Discovery.
Programming With a Purpose:
Camp Discovery will be encouraging campers to discover their interest and passions by engaging in many exciting activities.
Structured programming will include:
- Aquatics Program
- Reading & Journaling
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math)
- Discover Your Interest Program where campers select from a variety of activities such as Sports Galore, Cooking, Art, Science, Glamour Girls and more!
- Structured free play
2015 Camp Discovery Vision:
The YMCA of York County has been participating in the Day Camp Upgrade Program. We will be focusing on friendship, accomplishment and belonging.
Through the power of play we provoke inclusion, working together, and fostering friendships that can last a lifetime.
Our vision is to provide opportunities to find a passion that inspires them to accomplish self made goals.
We are here to help campers realize this is a place where they belong and can be themselves, try new things, make new friends and be part of the Y family.
June 8th – August 14th
Full-Day drop-off begins at 8:45 a.m. with camp running from 9:00 am - 4:00 p.m.
Morning half-day drop-off begins at 8:45 am with camp running from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Afternoon half-day drop-off begins at 12:45 pm with camp running from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Before Care will be provided from 6:00 to 8:45 a.m. After Care will be provided from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Y summer camps are for everyone – regardless of income. The Y provides financial assistance for families who are unable to pay the full camp fee. Subsidies are available thanks to the generous support of YMCA Strong Kids Annual Support Campaign and through the support of the United Way of York County.
We pride ourselves on hiring staff that make the camp experience one which will last a lifetime! Many of our staff are former campers themselves and have spent several years growing up through our Leaders -In-Training program. All counselors bring the commitment, creativity and leadership that are required to make this a special summer for your camper! Please find below credentials that all staff are required to have upon employment:
• 30 credit hours towards early education or 250 hours of direct supervision of children
• First Aid & CPR Certification
• Health Screening Including TB Test
• Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance
• Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check
• FBI Fingerprint Clearance
• Fire Safety, Water Safety and Emergency Plan Trainings
• Two written references (non-family members)
For more information about Camp Discovery or to register, contact Matthew Doran
, Camp Director, by calling 717-235-0446 x24.
Camp Discovery is located at the Southern Branch YMCA, 100 Constitution Avenue in Shrewsbury, PA 17361.